Saturday, April 30, 2011

Three Floyds and more




Traded with Ben (HandsomeBrew) from West Lafayette, IN. for some popular Three Floyds Brew, if you haven't heard of this brewery, they are a top 20 brewery out of Munster, Indiana. Yeah, you heard me right Indiana, Munster is less than an hour from South Chicago across the border of course. I sent ODell Friek, Avant Peche, 4x Myrcenary and OB Ten Fidy. Ben sent a mixer 6 of 3 Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale ***(their flagship beer) and Gumballhead ***(an American Pale Weat and their most popular beer in the regular rotation), #35 ranked Dreadnaught IPA (which was one of my first big beers in a trade) and Arctic Panzer Wolf ***another DIPA. I'm interested in reading up on the big differences between the two, with the Panzer being a limited release. He really hooked up the extras with some locals and other great midwest brews. Founders Centennial IPA and Backwoods Bastard (really excited about this scotch ale/wee heavy weighing in at 10.2% that is aged in bourbon barrels), New Glarus Unplugged Smoked Red Rye (very popular brewery in the countryside of Wisconsin, personally not my style so may try/may trade or share??), Sun King Wee Mac (decent Indy brewery) and a New Albanian Elector Imperial Red Ale**1/2.
With the Colorado Marathon tomorrow morning, we had Mark S. over for a pasta dinner last night. (the idea is get fat on carbs 2 nights out and eat relatively light the night before, when I was younger I could eat what I want when I want) I have been coaching Mark the 4 months and have all the confidence in the world that he runs a PR this Sunday. He surprised me with a huge package of various beers. Very, very nice of him but that is the type of person he is! Thanks Mark. To much various stuff to list. Highlights: a Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Victory Prima Pils (#2 rated German Pilsner): not really my style but slowly growing on me a little, Trumer Pils, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale  and 4x 20th Anniversary Imperial IPA(really enjoy this beer and everything else I've had from this brewery), Port Brewing Mongo DIPA*** and other random mixes!!! Thanks Mark you the man, to bad you don't like beer or you could help me out. I have packages coming on Wednesday and Thursday as well, have to start drinking to make some room in the fridge!! Anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment