Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recent trades and hauls..




Trade #1 was with (I can't even remember his name I've been so busy with trading and offers lately). taylor714914 (BA name), another trader from Pennsylvania!! I sent him Abyss, Boulevard Imperial Stout, and a OB Ten Fidy and in return received 4x Founders Breakfast Stout, Founders KBS, and a 21st Amendment Back In Black**1/2.

Haul #2 was from Dave who just moved back to Ft. Collins (originally from here) from Michigan. He really took the cake on this one, he brought back 2 cases of great midwest beer + some extras and trusted me to just pay him when he got here. We met up at ODell for the always fun Firkin Wednesday.  I hope to some tasting/drinking with Dave in the future as he is a real cool guy, we have very similar tastes in beer and he only lives about 2 miles from me. Really need to find some drinking partners, besides my lovely wife! It was a decent bill but well worth it, I threw in a bottle of Abyss as well, but not even close to matching what he did. Thanks Dave and welcome home!!! Package included: Bell's Brewery- 6x Two Hearted (quickly becoming one of my top session beers), 6x Oberon Ale ***(seasonal pale wheat ale), 6x Expedition Stout ***1/2(had it on draft a few weeks back in KC and loved it!!), and a Third Coast Old Ale; Founders Brewing- 6x Red's Rye PA**1/2 and a Centennial IPA**1/2; Kuhnhenn Brewing Co. out of Warren, Mi.- 4x Fourth D (an old ale weighing in at 13.5% ABV); Dark Horse Brewing out of Marshall, Mi.- great art work with some very intriguing beers; 2x Crooked Tree IPA**1/2, 4x Plead The 5th Imperial Stout***, 4x Double Crooked Tree IPA ***1/2(this was the first beer I consumed as recommended by Dave and it was amazing!), a Tres Blueberry Stout and Sapient Trip Ale; Short's Brewing out of Bellaire, Mi.- 6x Huma-Lupa-Licious IPA ****(second beer that was a big want and worth the wait), The Soft Parade (fruit/vegetable beer) and Uber Goober Oatmeal Stout **(this company makes some interesting beers, check their website to see what I mean).

Trade #3 was with Chris from Valencia, CA. I sent Abyss (yeah very popular!), 2x ODell Double Pilsner, and 90 Schilling and in return received a Alesmith Speedway Stout (now I have 2 bottles for my cellar!!), Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and a 21st Amendment IPA (second package in a row from this SF brewery in a week from someone in Philly and Cali, go figure).

No comments:

Post a Comment