Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Packages #5-8

Trade #5 was with Rob from Connecticut. It was a fairly simple trade (no picture). I sent a Dry Dock Seven Seas DIPA, 6 pack of Ska Modus Hoperandi, and a 6 pack of ODell IPA. In return received a very popular New England Imperial Stout Trooper, Mayflower IPA **, and a Berkshire Imperial Stout.
#6 was a epic trade with Russ from College Station, PA. He is a grad student at Penn St. and he really hooked it up!! I sent a New Belgium Transatlantique Kriek, ODell Friek, 2 1554's, and a 90 Shilling. I owe this guy and will hopefully trade with him again. He sent 4 pack of Founders Breakfast Stout and a 4 pack of Founders Imperial Stout ****!! (FBS is a top #10 brew) Founders is a brewery out of Grand Rapids, MI that is great across the board and has quite a following but obviously can't get out here. Then he also threw in a Troegs Flying Mouflan, Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA ***, and Otto's Double D IPA and Slab Cabin IPA**! This is going to be fun consuming these great brews, thanks Russ!
#7 was with a guy in New Haven, Conn. Very solid sender as well. I sent a ODell Friek and Russian River Damnation (shooting for a smaller trade. He sent a 4 pack New England Gandhi-Bot Double IPA***1/2 (think I'm really going to like this one!), 3 S. Tier 2XIPAs **(really enjoying this brewery alot), S. Tier Oat**1/2, and New England Sea Hag IPA**.
#8 was with Andreas in St. Paul, MN. I finally got me some Surly!!! Wasn't going away til I did. Pliny The Elder is a great beer to be able to use as a trading brew, its the #1 beer in the US and I have had a few, but would rather try some other stuff and honestly no big deal to me. I sent 2 PTEs, The Abyss, Russian River Damnation, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy and 'old school' Gordons. (nice package if I do say so myself) In return I got a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive ***1/2 and a 4 pack of Surly Furious **** (both in my top #10 wants!! and I got enough to enjoy and take some time at as well), a Surly Coffee Bender ***, Surly Bender***, and a Flat Earth Brewing NW Passage IPA. Thank you Minnesota and go Vikings!!!! I already had the Coffee Bender and a Furious (one of my new favorite beers!)

1 comment: