Friday, January 21, 2011

BA Top 100

I will constantly update this list!
#3 Pliny The Elder (Russian River Brewing Co./CA) Drank this last night. Great beer, very smooth, easy to drink and hoppy!
#8 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (Founders Brewing/MI) Got to love this brewery! This beer is barrel-aged in oak bourbon baerrels for a year, nice hints of coffee and vanilla. This is a sipper, enjoying after the Platte River Half Marathon: 11.2 %.
#11 The Abyss (Deschutes Brewery/OR) Shared with 2 of my closest friends on fantasy baseball draft day, Megan and Bruce. Can see why all the hype over this Deschutes beauty! Have about 7 in my cellar as this one is suppose to age terrifically.
#12 Bourbon County Brand Stout (Goose Island/IL) My great friend and beer drinking buddy Ben brought this back after a trip back home. Good stuff, tasted the bourbon!
#18 Bell's Hopslam Ale (Bell's Brewery, Mi) Lovely 10% that Megan and I shared in Winter Park (mini keg). Difficult to put this beer down.
#24 Founders Breakfast Stout (Founders Brewing/MI) This is a fall seasonal stout. Glad I have a few more of these coming. Great brew, thick, coffee/chocolate flavors. Very bitter, but sweet as well.
#37 Dreadnaught IPA (Founders/MI) Very nice IPA, the nice 9.5 sneaks up on you. I'll drink this one again, hopefully this summer when I visit the midwest!
#33 Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (North Coast/ CA) Probably the best stout I've had, or at least my favorite stout this winter. 9 % ABV Heavier beer, but can drink a few!
#37 Dreadnaught IPA (Founders/MI) Very nice IPA, the nice 9.5 sneaks up on you. I'll drink this one again, hopefully this summer when I visit the midwest!
#39 Abrasive Ale (Surly/MN) Great brew that is very difficult to come by and only distributed in Minnesota. Becoming one of my favorite breweries!
#53 Troegs Nugget Nectar (Troegs/PA) Wow, great beer! In a class of its own, Imperial Amber/Red with a 93 IBU and you sure cant tell. It was difficult that I only had one to drink :(
#44 Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout (Great Divide/CO) Had at the Denver Winter Brewfest. This stuff is awesome! Really enjoy most of their stuff. (also had the Espresso version of this, ummmm)
#46 Ten Fidy (Oskar Blues/CO) Of course one of my favs!!! Have had many times, but not enough.
#54 Yeti Imperial Stout (Great Divide/CO) Very good beer! Nice drinkable stout.
#57 Stone IPA (Stone/CA) Another fav! Have had many times as well.
#58 Furious (Surly/MN) My favorite beer as of today :) My kind of IPA
#68 Arrogant Bastard Ale (Stone/CA) Great beer, very smooth.
#77 Oak Arrogant Bastard (Stone/CA) Had this and the above at a few brew fests.
#97 Racer 5 IPA (Bear Republic/CA) Great beer!
For now thats it. Again I've probably had a few of the others, but want to try them again before listing them. Maybe some day I'll be able to break these beers down like a professional beer taster!

No comments:

Post a Comment